Berlin, My Love
During the gloomy months in the beginning of this year, I felt the need to visit some really creative, modern place where I could feel myself relaxed, free and inspired to explore my creative side. Then Berlin came to mind. I think the blog of Klara had a lot to do with that choice. There is such atmosphere in her pictures.
So in the beginning of June I headed to Berlin without knowing exactly what to expect. (Been to Berlin on a business trip before but saw only few spots in night Berlin). Thanks to my dear hosts Sebastien and Martina and to my Rough Guide, I was able to dig deep in the heart of the city and let myself be amazed by the impossible contrasts, surprises and the total feeling of modernity and freedom which I needed so much lately. Like a love of first sight. I studied the city by foot, metro, S-bahn, bus, bike.
Here is my list of amazing places, where I found inspiration:
* Schloss Scharlottenburg – amazing palace area in the middle of the city with green park, very close to where Martina lives. Lucky her!
* Bergmann Strasse in Kreuzberg – colourful street with cafes, small shops with original items, people dressed in a very interesting way, bikes – real Berlin for me
* Potsdam (and Sans Soussi palace) – rushed by rent-a-bike through this beautiful neighboring town of Berlin in the hour of early evening cafes, couldn’t resist to stop here and there
* August Strasse in the Center (Mitte) – interesting combination of ex-industrial and present creative street, amazing garden bistro there (ex-dance hall)
* The beach bar across Hauptbahnhof – I stopped there on my way on the bike lane along the river – totally relaxing place for raedler with amazing panorama of modern buildings just in front of your eyes. The bar and the bike tour is really worth (starting from Reichstag where you can rent a bike)
*Hackesche Hoefe – nice labyrinth of houses remained of old Berlin, with nostalgic, romantic atmosphere, nowadays full of great cafes and shops of local design products
Enjoy the pictures!